Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Local/Master Query

When configuring Local Master , is it done using LMS/Backup LMS on AP or how does AP knows about its master & local , when it first boots it connects to which of them ? 

MVP

Re: Local/Master Query

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Good evening

It's based on your AP-SYSTEM-Profile in AP-GROUP that the accesspoints are provisined to.

configure it here:Untitled.png

Let us know if it answer your question.

have a lovley weekend.

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Aruba

[ Edited ]

Assuming you have the master-local communication working; the AP will terminate on the controller specified in the primary/backup LMS fields of the AP system profile.   Initial controller discovery is done by one of a few mechanisms; including  DNS lookup (aruba-master.domain.com), DHCP options, or ADP (layer 2 broadcast).

The 6.2 User Guide discusses the discovery process in depth; starting on page 406. (section attached)

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks alot all 

so i understand the following :

1- Master & local controller communication will be working 

2-  AP discovers controller ( at first boot  i control which controller it sees as its controller using DHCP, DNS..... ) .... This controller can be mastre or local  .... then from it i will provision AP to take LMS & Backup LMS 

3- i can have option to make Local as LMS  & master as backup LMS  , and vice versa 

is the above right ?  as earlier i thought that AP should terminate to Master , then master gives AP its Local controller IP ... and i thought that LMS & Backup LMS is redundancy method not realted at all to master Local Controller 

MVP

You understood right.

THE AP will get the needed LMS / BACKUPLMS after the first provising in front of an AP-GROUP , that contatin the info of LMS/BACKLMS in it AP-SYSTEM-PROFILE. (and in thoese configuration u config who is LMS and who is your BACKUPLMS - that ap will get it from there)

rgrds.

Me.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Frequent Contributor II

Thanks alot .

and what do u Think is the correct/normal/better  setup ?  

get first  Ip of master while booting as Master then giving LMS IP while provisioning as Local ? 

Guru Elite

Telnet-1 wrote:

Thanks alot .

and what do u Think is the correct/normal/better  setup ?  

get first  Ip of master while booting as Master then giving LMS IP while provisioning as Local ? 

It will work either way.  

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: