01-11-2016 02:01 PM
I've trying to setup a WPA2 Enterprise network with no password, and MAC address authentication. I've been able to setup:
1. an open network with MAC authentication
2. a WPA2 personal network, a passphrase, and MAC authentication.
Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like a little more protection than an unencypted open network offers and I'd like the ease of no passphrase. As far as I can tell, WPA2 personal requires 8 characters. I'm using Clearpass and iAPs.
01-11-2016 02:14 PM
You can't have encryption without some type of passphrase.
Your options are:
1) WPA2-PSK: pre-shared key, users can decrypt each others traffic
2) WPA2-Enterprise, EAP-PEAP-Public: behaves similar to PSK, dynamic encryption
3) WPA2-Enteprise, EAP-PEAP: username/password, dynamic encryption
4) WPA2-Enterprise, EAP-TLS: client certificates, dynamic encryption