Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Manually blacklist MAC address

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 28, 2018 02:08 PM

I have an OAW-4450. I can easily blacklist clients when they're connected to my network. How can I manually blacklist a MAC address when it's not currently connected to my network?

• 2.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 28, 2018 03:24 PM

stm add-blacklist-client 00:00:00:00:00:00

• 3.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 28, 2018 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the response! Is that done through putty? Do I have to be physically connected or can I do it across the network?

• 4.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 28, 2018 04:05 PM

Either way should work.

ghall@sarcoxie.k12.mo.us

• 5.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 28, 2018 06:17 PM

I tried it just now using putty over the network. I typed stm add-blacklist-client followed by a space and the mac address and got the following error:

"Invalid input error detected at '^' marker." The ^ is directly under the first letter of the mac address.

• 6.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:09 PM

ghall@sarcoxie.k12.mo.us wrote:

I tried it just now using putty over the network. I typed stm add-blacklist-client followed by a space and the mac address and got the following error:

"Invalid input error detected at '^' marker." The ^ is directly under the first letter of the mac address.

What version of AOS are you running? This command should be valid. Can you add a screen shot of your putty session where you get the error?

• 7.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 29, 2018 10:45 AM
      |   view attached

I have an OAW-4450-US running 6.5.1.4. We just put it in this summer and the code was up to date then. I've attached the screenshot.

• 8.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 07:32 AM

I have an OAW-4450-US running 6.5.1.4. We just put it in this summer and the code was up to date then. I've attached the screenshot.

You’ll need to enter “enable” mode with the enable password in order to use this command. You should see the command prompt change from “>” to “#” when you’ve successfully changed to enable mode.

• 9.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

Posted Aug 31, 2018 08:33 AM

@cclemmer wrote:

You’ll need to enter “enable” mode with the enable password in order to use this command. You should see the command prompt change from “>” to “#” when you’ve successfully changed to enable mode.

This worked! Thank you!!!! However, when it added that mac to the blacklist, it's only going to keep it there for 60 minutes. When I blacklist from the web interface, it blacklisted permanently. Is there a way to do that through putty?

• 10.  RE: Manually blacklist MAC address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 09:26 AM

This is a bit dated, but still relevant:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/How-to-manually-set-the-blacklist-time/td-p/233331

The blacklist time is set in the virtual AP configuration. The blacklist time is inherited from the Virtual AP configuration. If the client you are blacklisting is not currently connected, then an AP blacklist time should be set first to affect that time.