Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Master/Local Guest network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Master/Local Guest network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 07:08 AM

Hi - We are about to undergo a change in our wireless design to include a local controller. We will be terminating our residence halls on the local and the academic AP's on our master (I know this isn't best practice). We will be turning our guest network into a private network that only lives in the controller. I will be using 3 of the links (3600) in a port-channel that will be trunked to the core. The fourth port will be the link for the guest network. Does the local have to mirror this configuration and do I have to rebuild the guest network on the local or does it get that information from the master?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Master/Local Guest network

Posted Nov 18, 2011 07:56 AM

You dont have to match the port configuration on the local controller, if that is what you are asking.  Port config, VLANs, DHCP scopes, SNMP settings, IP addresses, local firewall options, etc.. are "local" settings, meaning they are not pushed from the master.  Things like VAPs, SSIDs, authentication servers, policies, roles, netdestinations, etc... are "global" and are pushed when you do a "wr mem" or push "save config" on the master.