Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a LAN-2-LAN (Point-to-Point) mesh connections with 205H APs but I have som issues.

My biggest problem is how to set up Wired AP Port and mesh SSID (tunnel or bridge) becouse I can't get VLANs over the mesh link.

Scenario is simple - I have one switch with MeshPortal AP on one side and one switch with MeshPoint AP on the other side. I need to send all VLANS over the mesh link so I can connect wired clients on the other side. Well, maybe not so simple like I believed :-) 

Anyone who can help me here? I scanned this forum and User manual for how to set up Point-2-Point mesh link but I can't find any information that can help me right now.

This customer have a working Cisco APs now on this mesh link and I am trying to sell Aruba APs instead (a couple of AP-314 with antennas)  but I have to show that this works better than Cisco!

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Are these instant APs or Campus (controller-ip) APs?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks for fast reply!

This is Campus AP.

Right now I'm testing with AP-205H but customer will have AP-314 with antennas.

Guru Elite

Please see the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Solution-Exchange/Configuring-Point-to-Point-mesh/ta-p/202605

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks, this was very helpfull.

Now when mesh link works so I've got another problem - with spanning tree on a Cisco switch. Mesh link is up about 2min and than it goes down - reason is block-state of switchport.

Strange enough that this happens om Mesh Point side of link which has no conection with LAN.

Any clue why this happens? 

Do you have a network drawing with the topology? The port shouldn't go down unless there's a loop somewhere.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
MVP

Check Cisco port settings - you'll want the port to the AP set for portfast and will want to turn off BPDU guard. First guess is that BPDU guard is "protecting" you from the remote switch.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it

Thanks, I'll try this and I'll be back with results.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: