Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mismatched AOS between master and local

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Mismatched AOS between master and local

Posted May 06, 2014 08:47 AM

Is it possible to join a local controller to a Master controller which has a lower code version. I assume this would not be best practice but want to know if its technically possible.

• 2.  RE: Mismatched AOS between master and local
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2014 09:14 AM

This is technically possible.  However, not recommended as you point out.  I have seen the same major/minor in the same master-local cluster...however, have not attempted anything jumping major code bases.

• 3.  RE: Mismatched AOS between master and local

Posted May 06, 2014 09:18 AM

While on the master controller i could see IPSec sa information, but no entry in the show switches on the master so for some reason there was no master-local sync between the two. I wondered whether the code needed to be the same for them to pair-up.

• 4.  RE: Mismatched AOS between master and local

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2014 09:20 AM

MattF,

If there is a . release difference between the codes, it should not be an issue.  If there is more than a dot release, it is not tested and could be an issue.

• 5.  RE: Mismatched AOS between master and local

Posted May 06, 2014 09:45 AM

The master is running 6.1.3 and the local is running 6.3 so i guess they will not form a relationship.