Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Controller (3200XM) change public IP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mobility Controller (3200XM) change public IP

Posted Jun 11, 2013 09:14 AM

I wonder if anyone can help?

We are about to change internet provider and need to change the public IP on our dual 3200XM mobility controllers. We currently have various RAP products connecting to these from around the globe. I was hoping that by setting the Backup LMS IP to the new IP address we could make sure that the RAPs connect following the IP address change. I have tested this and cannot make it work. Is there another way to transition this to ensure that RAPs are still able to connect following the IP address change?

• 2.  RE: Mobility Controller (3200XM) change public IP

Posted Jun 11, 2013 09:30 AM

Do you have any firewalls in between that is blocking the ports needed for the RAPs to build up the tunnel ?

RAPs connect to the controller on UDP port 4500 to create the IPSEC tunnel

Do you have any ACLs in the controller just allowing the other public IP address ?

• 3.  RE: Mobility Controller (3200XM) change public IP

Posted Jun 17, 2013 03:19 AM
    Make sure you RAP are not configured with static IP address of controller

• 4.  RE: Mobility Controller (3200XM) change public IP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 17, 2013 05:01 AM

Thanks for replying to my post. I am still a little new to Aruba and managed to get it all working in end. Had missed off a couple of routes :-). So this is now resolved and working fine.

• 5.  RE: Mobility Controller (3200XM) change public IP

Posted Jun 18, 2013 08:48 AM
    Good to know....