Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

Hi, is there a way to integrate a Mobility Controller 7005 with a IAP VC Cluster?

I need that client of the SSID 'ABC' of the IAP Cluster make roaming with the SSID 'ABC' of Mobility Controller 7005.

What documentation I need to read to deploy this scenario?

Best regards,

Guru Elite

Re: Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

Maybe the best way is to have the IAPs bridge users to the same VLAN as the APs on the 7005.  There is no formal way to support that, so maybe putting clients on the same VLAN is probably a workaround.  With that being said, sessions might not be resumed when you roam from one to the other.  You might want to ultimately get a larger controller and convert all of your IAPs to campus APs and run them on the controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Maybe the best way is to have the IAPs bridge users to the same VLAN as the APs on the 7005.  There is no formal way to support that, so maybe putting clients on the same VLAN is probably a workaround.  With that being said, sessions might not be resumed when you roam from one to the other.  You might want to ultimately get a larger controller and convert all of your IAPs to campus APs and run them on the controller.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi.

I see that IAP have VPN configuration with a Controller. Can I make VPN between IAP VC and 7005 Controller?

With it, I could make a users roaming? same SSID and same VLAN ( IAP and 7005 Controller)

Regards

Guru Elite

If you do the IAP-VPN configuration, those users will be tunneled to the controller and end up on a VLAN that comes out of the controller.  What I am not sure about is users roaming from IAP-VPN Connected APs to controller APs.  Is that what  you are talking about?

Colin Joseph

Yes.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: