Wireless Access

Super Contributor I

Multiple VIA roles at the same time?

All,

I'm working with a client that has a unique VPN requirement. We have a Clearpass OnGuard install that utilizes the unified VIA VPN client and performs posture checking. 

We're going to setup a system that ties the rights and privileges of a VIA user role to a specific AD group. This part is pretty straightforward to setup. The question they had is, if a user is in multiple groups, can they have the rights of those multiple roles?

The way that I am thinking of doing this would be:

1. Come up with the restricions for group #1 and create an Aruba user role #1

2. Come up with the restricions for group #2 and create an Aruba user role #2

3. Design an Aruba user role #3 and only pass that from Clearpass if a user has group membership in group #1 AND group #2

Do you think this is the best way to do this? I'd definitely appreciate if there's a way to stack Aruba user role #1 + #2 at the same time, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks!

-Mike

Guru Elite

Re: Multiple VIA roles at the same time?

boston1630,

In the Role mappings in ClearPass, you use "Evaluate All" , which will tag an incoming authentication with all the "Roles" that they match.  In the enforcement policy you use "Evaluate-First" and you check to see if the incoming authentication equals both roles.  You would then send back the Enforcement Policy for that third condition.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Super Contributor I

Colin,

And do you know of a way to stack two Aruba user roles on each other at the same time? Or, is the way I described the third option the way that I'll have to go. I'm 99% sure I can't do multiple user roles, that I'd have to send a 3rd role - figured it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

-Mike

Guru Elite

You should do a third role that has everything you need. You cannot stack roles.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Super Contributor I

Colin,

Thanks - that's what I figured!

-Mike

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: