Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Multiroom audio Chromecast

I am trying to use "Chromecast audio" devices (the hockeypuck shaped audio only device) to provide music ot an area.  One of the features that is suppose to work is multi-room support allowing streaming to many devices at once.   I was able to get the Chromecasts setup and audio streaming to a single device, however it will not work when you attempt to group the devices.  Any ideas what needs to be configured to have this work?  I don't see alot of documentation on chromecast audio

Guru Elite

Re: Multiroom audio Chromecast

Add this id to your Googlecast AirGroup service: "_googlezone._tcp"

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

I tried this but still, no luck.  What should I have to restart before I test? The chromecasts the computer, the controller?   Also where did you find that entry?  is there some website that updates and lists  all the possible services?   Great find!

Guru Elite

Did you delete the devices from the user-table?

I found the service ID in a packet capture.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

I had deleted them and still no luck.  The music plays on a single chromecast,  even if you choose a group.  I have tried it from android and iOS. It still could be a  chromecast software thing, but I dont have a great place to test it currently, maybe I will take it home to see if it works properly at home.  Coult there be another air-groups setting I am missing?

Matt

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: