Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

NOTICE -- The license server is about to lose licenses sent from a client in... warning

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  NOTICE -- The license server is about to lose licenses sent from a client in... warning

Posted Jun 16, 2016 06:15 AM

Hello,

I have read the article about this here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/ControllerBasedWLANs/article-id/1823

We are receiving this warning and I just want to make sure we shouldn't be worried. The situation is that we added a new local to the mobility domain a few days ago (with no licenses installed), we then had an issue with the new local and have temporarily taken it offline, it is still offline. Could you just tell me whether we need to do anything?

Thank you,

Guy

• 2.  RE: NOTICE -- The license server is about to lose licenses sent from a client in... warning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 07:01 AM

If you take it offline, in 30 days it won't be able to use any of the licenses it sent to the master.  The message is warning you about that.

• 3.  RE: NOTICE -- The license server is about to lose licenses sent from a client in... warning

Posted Jun 16, 2016 07:05 AM

Thanks Colin - but what confuses me is I hadn't installed any licenses on it.

• 4.  RE: NOTICE -- The license server is about to lose licenses sent from a client in... warning
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 07:11 AM

You don't need to do anything.

• 5.  RE: NOTICE -- The license server is about to lose licenses sent from a client in... warning

Posted Jun 16, 2016 07:56 AM

Thank you - that's what I wanted to hear!