Wireless Access

JRA
Occasional Contributor I

Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

I’m trying to obtain information on which Aruba IAP model I should purchase in order connect to an existing Aruba wireless environment extending connectivity to a roaming cart with PC’s that do not have wireless capabilities. This roaming cart will need to have send and receive capabilities from the corporate network through our wireless network.  I would like instructions on how to bridge the Ethernet side of the IAP and connect as a client via the wireless uplink. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

Take a look at the HPE 501 client bridge.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
JRA
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Need instructions on a IAP as a Wifi client and bridge the Ethernet interface to a switch

Thanks for the information, I will see if it will be allowed on our network. Do you happen to know of an Aruba IAP that might work as well. My company has a strict hardware policy for network attached devices.

Guru Elite

11n IAPs will work with WiFi uplink.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
JRA
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you Sir I think I will try an IAP 103. This should allow Wireless uplink client connectivity and then allow my Ethernet network to bridge to the corporate network.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: