Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Netflow monitoring

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Netflow monitoring

Posted Aug 05, 2013 06:17 AM

Hi All,

I believe that Netflow / Sflow / IPFix is on the roadmap for ArubaOS, does anyone know when this feature is due to be provisioned?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Netflow monitoring
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2013 07:54 AM

We do support IF-MAP today in 6.3 on AOS.  

What would be the use case/application collector for the other solutions?  (Open question for everyone on the forums)

• 3.  RE: Netflow monitoring

Posted Aug 05, 2013 08:02 AM

For our implementation, our usages would include.

- Identify bottlenecks

- Troubleshooting

- Indentify trends

- Produce management reports for charging of services

- Capacity planning

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Netflow monitoring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2013 09:37 AM

OK.  Those items are supported today with Airwave and AMON data on the controller.  Can you share what third party application you are looking at using?

• 5.  RE: Netflow monitoring

Posted Aug 05, 2013 12:52 PM

Being supported in Airwave or onthe controller is nifty (even good) but it would also be nice to have net-flow sent to our enterprise-wide collector.

Of interest to me would be the controller's interface traffic, and AP interface traffic.

Client traffic is less interesting to me at the net-flow collector, but might also be nice.

• 6.  RE: Netflow monitoring

Posted Jun 17, 2014 02:57 PM

I work for a Network analytics product company and I've heard several of our customers wanting to bring in some type of flow, preferrably IPFIX from aruba.

Our customers tend to have Cisco gear but also Aruba wireless and they want to be able to correlate the flow data.

I think we're unique in that we do it visually in a topology so getting flow data from the various devices helps with path analysis and correlating stats.

Also if the controllers can export things like identity based on authentication really helps troubleshooting.

Anyways, it would be great to get flow from Aruba if possible for our customers.

John