Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New local controller, DHCP request issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  New local controller, DHCP request issue

Posted Apr 19, 2012 10:10 AM

Just setup a local controller.  I moved one ap to it to test.  I am seeing DHCP reqeusts timeout.  I have a DHCP helper address pointing to our central DHCP server.  I did a packet capture and see the discover/reqeust but it times out.  Once it times out then the request is offered by the local controller with ip info from the central DHCP server.

I do not have this issue on the master controller.

Ideas?

• 2.  RE: New local controller, DHCP request issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2012 03:56 PM

@joshb wrote:

Just setup a local controller.  I moved one ap to it to test.  I am seeing DHCP reqeusts timeout.  I have a DHCP helper address pointing to our central DHCP server.  I did a packet capture and see the discover/reqeust but it times out.  Once it times out then the request is offered by the local controller with ip info from the central DHCP server.

I do not have this issue on the master controller.

Ideas?

Joshb,

Do you mean that the AP does not get an ip address?  What is the default gateway of that network that the AP is on?

• 3.  RE: New local controller, DHCP request issue

Posted Apr 20, 2012 10:39 AM

The problem is not with the AP, it gets a dhcp address just fine.  I am having issues with the clients that are assoc'd, reguardless of ESSID.  I forced the AP to connect to the Master and the client gets an address in less than 4sec, on the local it takes upwards of 2 min.

• 4.  RE: New local controller, DHCP request issue

Posted Sep 19, 2013 04:48 PM

Why is it that everytime I find a post that is close to the problem I am having on here the post ends.  There is never a solution.

• 5.  RE: New local controller, DHCP request issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 05:20 PM

That is nature's way of saying that you should post your own question, so it can get answered....