Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

OS8 architecture and MM licensing

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  OS8 architecture and MM licensing

Posted Nov 24, 2016 03:03 AM

Hi

I have some questions about OS 8.
    Situation: new customer, about 400 APs.

For this new installation originally an active/standby setup was desiged with two 7220 contollers (some reserve for future expansion). Now with the new OS 8 I have to propose a OS 8 design.

I am thinking about a pair of virtual mobility masters with a MM-VA-500 license, with vrrp redundancy. Then I would propose a cluster two 7205's which for now cover the 400 AP's fine. Adding a controller would be easy in case of expansion.

The questions:
    Am I correct that one MM-VA-500 license is sufficient for a MM-vrrp pair as there is only one 'active' at any time?
    Can we provision APs terminating alternated on each local controller (cluster member), since the control plane and Airmatch is now centralized on the mobility master? In OS 6 it was better to group the APs terminating on the same controller.

Thx
    Peter

• 2.  RE: OS8 architecture and MM licensing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2016 09:58 AM
    Yes, one MM-500 will work.
    If the two controllers are clustered, the APs can load balance

• 3.  RE: OS8 architecture and MM licensing

Posted Nov 24, 2016 10:19 AM

Thx Tim

Do you think 'oversubscription' will work on a 7205 cluster?

Also, would there be any setup guide for OS8: how to start the setup, how to connect and start configuring the MD local controllers etc...

Br

Peter

• 4.  RE: OS8 architecture and MM licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2016 11:26 AM
    Not sure on the oversubscription part but all the documentation is available on the support site.