Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Old Aruba 2400

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Old Aruba 2400

Posted Jun 02, 2014 03:41 PM

Hello - I am new to Aruba and was wondering if the following will work

I am currently running an Aruba2400 with AirOS 2.3.6.12 and 6x_70 access points.

I would like to update the firmware and wanted to confirm the upgrade path - 

2.5.2.12 – 3.3.3.1 – 5.0.4.15

Please provide any feedback.

• 2.  RE: Old Aruba 2400

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2014 04:56 PM

Ive never touched Airos 2.3, so can't really comment.

There will probably be implications for your licences though, as in they may be lost during the upgrade.

You should go with the latest versions though which would be

2.5.6.25 --> 3.3.3.10 --> 5.0.4.15 if indeed it is possible (or needed) to upgrade tp 2.5.x first.

Please wait for someone from Aruba to confirm though, since there's probably not many of us on here who have experience in going from 2.3.

• 3.  RE: Old Aruba 2400
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2014 05:32 PM

Take a look at this KB article:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-64  There are a lot of differences between the config file of AOS 2.x and 3.x. If you have an active support contract you might contact TAC and get some assistance with the upgrade process.  Note--I have never done this myself but have heard that many just wiped the config after the upgrade from 2.x to 3.x and re-configured the controller to have a clean config.  Once running on 3.x upgrades should be straight forward.

Also check out the documentation here: http://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/EntryId/499/Default.aspx

• 4.  RE: Old Aruba 2400

MVP
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 01:19 PM

Have to agree.

The 2.x config looks nothing like 3.x onwards.

Also the autiomatic upgrade will create tons and tons of nonsense-named profiles to get the config exactly as it was. Makes it hellish to support later on.

My advice.. upgrade > write erase > new config.. happy admin