Wireless Access

4me
Contributor I

PEFNG

Hi,

We have 7240 which has PEFNG license and have 7010 in DMZ zone, do I still need a PEFNG license for creating user based roles?

Guru Elite

Re: PEFNG

If you are using centralized licensing with another controller that has PEFNG licenses, then no. 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
4me
Contributor I

Thanks for reply,

I have PEFNG license in another controller in which centralized license is enable,

I have 300 AP  and PEFNG License on the controller, if i enable centralized on guest / DMZ controller i will utilizes any license? Could you please explain more about this?

Guru Elite

No, it will not consume a license but centralized licensing is required to enable the PEFNG functionality on the controller if there are no licenses installed locally. 

Thanks, 
Tim

4me
Contributor I

I have enable centralized licensing, but still I could not able to add any policies on DMZ controller.

1. After adding license server whether controller need a reboot?
  2. We have firewall in between master and Guest controller (Guest controller is in DMZ zone) whether I need allow any firewall port in between Master and Guest controller for license server communication? (ICMP is allowed).
Guru Elite

Is this a master-local topology?

4me
Contributor I

Its Master- standby topology (VRRP redundancy) in which all access points are registered to this controllers and we have DMZ / Guest controller all guest /client  traffic tunneled are redirected to this controller for internet access.

Centralized license is enable between master and standby controller and created logon rules, policies for client traffic and access. We are yet to create logon rules and policies in guest controller but unable to do due to license issue.

Guru Elite

Is the DMZ controller a local or independent?

4me
Contributor I

its independent ?

Controller role is master 

Guru Elite

If it’s an independent controller, you need to specify the license server’s address on the DMZ controller’s centralized licensing tab. Did you do that?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: