Wireless Access

New Contributor

PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Hello -- 

I brought home a corporate RAP3 and as soon as I plugged it into my home router my Sony ps3 dropped off the network and wont connect again unil the RAP3 is unplugged.  All other devices on the home network fine.   Dont know where I should look for the solution, Sony , Aruba , Cisco ?  Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

MVP

Re: PS3 drop off network after RAP-3WN is connected

Start simple...

Check if your PS3 got static IP...if so...your RAP unit might asked for an address during the DHCP process - and got the same IP.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
New Contributor

Tried that. Still doesn't work. Tried static, dynamic. For what ever reason the ps3 gets knocked off the net as soon as its plugged in.

Thanks for the reply.
MVP

If your PS3 is connected wireless to your home network, please check the RFProtect settings for your Remote-AP.

We have seen issues where rogue-protection was enabled on remote-AP's, when the RAP is plugged in to the home network, it will define your home SSID as a rogue AP, and start kicking clients of your home network as they are connected to a 'rogue' AP.

Be vary careful with the Wireless IDS protection settings on remote-AP's as these are in general placed in environments where you have a rogue-ap. Your home network connects the wired to the air, which is the definition of a rogue AP.

You may also check your controller and override the classification for your home router as known interfering.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC.
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We are noticing a similar issue on our network.  We have several PS3's that are not working on our network.  They work fine on their home network.  We are able to recreate the issue.  We opened our firewall up to a few to ensure our firewall is not blocking them.

It is odd because the port on the PS3 actually shuts off and is not something we can get to happen outside of our network.

Very strange issue and this post made us think it is related to Aruba.

New Contributor

We disabled ARM Over the Air Updates and this issue stopped happening.  We are able to replicate the issue on a test ps3 we got to troubleshoot the issue.

no ota-updates

It only seemed to happened to older model PS3's.  We tried both older firmware and the latest on the ps3.

Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

We had the same issue, I believe it's fixed in 6.2.1.2 code.  A workaround is to disable "scanning" in the arm profile.

Regards

Lee

Occasional Contributor I

I am running 6.3.1.4 code and we are still experiencing the issue with ARM on.  Once ARM is disabled, everything is working properly.  Does anyone know if Aruba has put this in the bug report with the latest code release? 

Guru Elite

Exelis-Todd,

Please open a TAC case.  We cannot assume that anyone has reported this specific to your issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Colin,

Thanks for your input.  I have opened a ticket on this (1525981).  I have referenced this post also on the ticket. 

Todd

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: