Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Please help

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Please help

Posted Nov 29, 2012 11:36 AM

OK so Ive been dropped in the role of administrering the wireless infrastructure and am waiting for some training in the aruba system. until then I need to figure out a few things any help would be much appreciated. I have multipe ssid's 1 with wpa2 enterprise auth and user roles that I got the hang of pretty good.

I have a ssid with WEP encryption and was wondering what user roles and policies are applied to that sside ? where do i look to see how this is linked ?

thanks all.

• 2.  RE: Please help

Posted Nov 29, 2012 01:48 PM

Please check the aaa profile mapped to the the Virtual AP. the user should fall into initial role of the aaa profile for psk.

• 3.  RE: Please help

Posted Dec 03, 2012 08:36 AM

The initial role is set to Authenticated? in the firewall policies -> User Roles -> authenticated policy has any any 

does this mean the ssid is putting everyody on the authenticated  policy with any any  ?

• 4.  RE: Please help

Posted Dec 06, 2012 05:43 AM

yes, if that is the setting that would happen.

easiest way to check is just to connect yourself and check what you end up in.