Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Policy Based Routing, more than one internet provider

Hello Community,

I have the following scenario. I have a master controller in my head quarter and a local controller with some AccessPoints in a branch office.

Until now I have one SSID "internal" that is mapped to a VLAN on the local Controller, that works fine. The controllers default gateway is on the same interface but in a management-VLAN.

But now I want to create 2 guest networks with 2 seperate WAN-Connections and captive portal. The controller have to act as router for the clients and have to do NAT. I saw the option "configuration > IP > next-hop". Is it right that I have to create 2 new entries "WAN1" and "WAN2" with the IP addresses of the router from the provider?

And than create a List under "Security > Access Control" for the guest with a policy type route? 

I attach a file with a drawing of the planned scenario.

Thanks for your help. 

Regards, Steffen

Re: Policy Based Routing, more than one internet provider

Hi,

I'm not sure about the next-hop settings on the controller, however you can do what you're suggesting using External Services Interface (ESI) routing on the controller.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/ESI.php

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: