Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Possible Outdoor Interference

guys, how to avoid interference by electrical pole? even it's not on one line between AP, problem still occurs

Guru Elite

Re: possible interference?

How do you know that the electrical pole is causing interference?  Is the pole between your access points and your WLAN clients?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I don't know exactly, just my assumption. because if we test to put an access point where is far from electrical pole it's reachable.

the pole is between two access points

Guru Elite

Is this an outdoor deployment?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

yes it is, this is an outdoor access points

Guru Elite

Okay.  This deserves its own thread, because it is more complicated..

A few questions:

What access points are these?

What antennas?

What areas are you trying to cover?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

What access points are these?

- Aruba AirMesh MSR2000

What antennas?

- ANT-2X2-D805

What areas are you trying to cover?

- this AP was used for connection between two office on the small area within 3.1 miles

Guru Elite

Did you always have interference or is this something that just started to happen?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

that was a second time, first time we meet this issue when we put access point near the generator/power plant on the harbour

Guru Elite

Outdoor deployments have countless things to think of when deploying.  Did you reference the outdoor Validated Reference Design Guide on Outdoor Point to Point deployments here?  http://www.arubanetworks.com/technology/reference-design-guides/#Outdoor_Mesh

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: