Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Power Injectors for IAP-305

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Power Injectors for IAP-305

Posted Jan 02, 2018 12:40 PM

Hi Community:

I am planning to buy IAP-305 and I am preparing the BOM in the configurator tool but I want to know the difference of using the power injectors with the 30W (Product number: JW629A) and 15.4W (Product number: JW627A).

Regards

Karlink

• 2.  RE: Power Injectors for IAP-305
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 06:53 AM

Hi,

that depends on if you are using USB Port. Powercosumtion than will be in worst case 19W which exceeded 802.3af Power Source. Than you will need 802.3at PSE which gives you 30W of Power.

To be safe for future demands I would add the 30W PoE Injector. 

From the Datasheet:

Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af/802.3at compliant source - Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at PoE

- When using IPM, the AP may enter power-save mode with reduced functionality when powered by an 802.3af PoE source (see details on Intelligent Power Monitoring elsewhere in this datasheet) - Without IPM, the USB port is disabled when the AP is powered by an 802.3af PoE source

• Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 13W (PoE) or 11W (DC) - Excludes power consumed by external USB device (and internal overhead); this could add up to 6.5W (PoE) or 5.5W (DC) for a 5W/1A USB device