Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with iPad accessing controller CP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problem with iPad accessing controller CP

Posted Feb 01, 2012 10:14 AM

Hi

In a bit of a problem...

We have an installation with a Master/Backup scenario. Currently we're installing Amigopod to get MDPS up and running, but we're not getting far enough in the authentication process to complete it. So this problem is against the controller CP which has been running for quite some time.

Symptom: iPad unable to open the CP page. Safari says "Cannot Open Page. Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server."

We've tried WindowsXP, Android and iPhone with sucess so this is very weird. We're doing this remote through a RAP using same SSID's as the campus AP's and that should be the only difference as we do know iPads are able to connect through campus AP.

As a sidenote - when I do use Amigopod as CP, I'm redirected to it, but I get the same issue as above when sendt back for auth against the controller. No Radius message reaches the controller...

I have activated and done the MDPS part with certificates etc. if that helps you anything...

Any one seen this before?

John

• 2.  RE: Problem with iPad accessing controller CP

Posted Feb 01, 2012 12:09 PM

I don't have my IPAD to check for sure but this may be an OSCP issue? Read this thread and check....

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Guest-Access/Mac-OS-10-6-and-10-7-Captive-Portal/td-p/18502/highlight/true

• 3.  RE: Problem with iPad accessing controller CP

Posted Feb 01, 2012 12:36 PM

Hi jsolb,

Does the iPad get put into the same role while connected to the RAP and campus AP? What version of iOS and AOS are you running?

• 4.  RE: Problem with iPad accessing controller CP

Posted Feb 02, 2012 04:12 AM

Well - it's an open network with http authentication at the moment so OSCP should not be an issue - right?

AOS is 6.1.2.4

I tried again with another iPad1 using IOS 5.0.1 which worked flawlessly.

The one I'm struggling with is iPad2 with IOS 4.3.5.

One other key difference between these is that the iPad2 I had installed some certificates for MDPS, but deleted those.

argh.. So I restarted my iPad2, and voila - it worked.. don't want to count to see how many hours wasted that caused.. :(

So note to all - if you're working with MDPS and have some issues.. Restart the device and try again :D

• 5.  RE: Problem with iPad accessing controller CP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2012 05:30 AM

If it is an open network and it is only doing http, you should be able to do a wireless packet capture when it is happening, and that is the most definitive way to figure out what is going on.   In addition, you can type "show datapath session table <ip address of i-device>" on the Aruba controller to see what it is trying to do.  Last but not least, but this is a longshot, we have seen situations, where the web browser on has cookies disabled at random times, which at times will keep things from working.