Wireless Access

Contributor II

Provisioning RAP5-WN as Remote AP doesnt work

When I provision a RAP5WN to act as a RAP it doesn't come back online anymore.

I am using the webinterface and choose:

Remote AP -> yes

Remote AP authentiocation method -> Certificate

This used to work.. what could cause this to fail?

Guru Elite

Re: Provisioning RAP5-WN as Remote AP doesnt work

The #1 reason is that you have a private LMS-IP in the AP system profile of your AP-Group.  Remove it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

May be vpn pool is missing?

can you copy paste output of "show log security 200" when your RAP fails to come-up?

Is it a master-local scenario? They you need to ensure master is reachable, because by default local uses master for autheticating

RAPs.

Contributor II

I run into the same problem again.

The ap group has  a different lms-ip indeed, because I want that RAP to connect to a specific controller. How will removing the lms-ip solve this?

Guru Elite

Because the RAP connects to a controller only when the LMS-IP address is PUBLIC, not private.  If it is public, it should work.  if it is a private address, it will not.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

I see! This use to work right? I have a few RAPs implemted this way.

Is there a workaround for this? We use RAPs on our local network to get certain VLANs to our offshore production facilities safely.

Guru Elite

It does not work, unless your RAP is inside the firewall.  If your RAP is on the public internet, the LMS-IP needs to be a public ip address otherwise it will not work, period.  Or you can leave it blank.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

We use RAPs on our platforms to deliver a sort of internet service to our employees that work offshore.

Network wise the RAPs are on our LAN, inside our firewall.

Im trying to get these RAPs to a certain controller, but everytime I try to provision a resetted RAP it won't come back up somehow.

Guru Elite

If it is inside the firewall it should work.  You should also make sure that both controllers are on the same version of code, otherwise you will have an upgrade/downgrade loop.

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

They are both on version 6.1.3.1 so that can't be the issue.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: