Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Questions about deploying APs in branch offices

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Questions about deploying APs in branch offices

Posted Jul 20, 2018 08:30 AM

Hi all,

My company is going to setup Aruba wireless system in both the HQ and multiple branch offices and I would like to ask if you can provide some insights to make it go ahead. Here below are the details of the existing environment.

1. There are 24 IAPs in total. 15 of them are already installed in the HQ as the CAP and managed by a pair of 7210 controllers there. There are 2 vlans in the HQ, one for internal network access (vlan30) and the other for guest network access (vlan40).
    2. The rest of the 9 APs will be installed in different branch offices. All branch offices are connected with HQ via the IPSEC VPN tunnels. All traffic going to the Internet or HQ internal networks need to go through the HQ.

My questions on the setup are:

1. What deployment model should be used in the environment? If it’s deployed as RAP, does it mean that the RAP will set up another encrypted IPSEC tunnel to the controller in HQ? Will it affect the performance since there are double encryption? Also, is it possible to create different SSIDs and VLANs for the internal and guest traffic on the RAP?
    2. If deploying as the CAP, does it mean that clients in the branch offices will share/get the same DHCP IP addresses from the HQ internal (vlan30) or guest (vlan40) since all traffic is also tunnel back to the controller? Can we use the VLAN created in the branch offices and mapped it with another SSID so we won’t be confused about clients from all offices are using the same IP subnets range?

I am sorry if it’s too complicate and I look forward to hearing from you all.'

Thanks.

Tomo747

• 2.  RE: Questions about deploying APs in branch offices

Posted Jul 20, 2018 09:34 AM
    Do you have airwave ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Questions about deploying APs in branch offices

Posted Jul 24, 2018 03:14 AM

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply. We don't have Airwave in the environment. Any thoughts/ suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.

Tomo747

• 4.  RE: Questions about deploying APs in branch offices

Posted Jul 25, 2018 09:51 PM

Hi

Appreciate if anyone can share the thoughts for the implementation.

Thanks.

Tomo747