Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP 109 usb 4g dongle issues

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP 109 usb 4g dongle issues

Posted Sep 20, 2016 04:45 AM

Hi

We have purchased a RAP 109 and 2x Huawei USB dongles (E3276s-150 & E3372)  and I am having issues getting them to work. We also have 2 sim cards, an O2 and an EE. All sim card and dongle combination that I try test fine when plugged into my laptop.

I have provisioned the RAP back to our central controller by converting it to a Remote AP and pointing it to the public address of our corporate controller. This was done whilst using a wired connection through an ADSL connection and is working fine.

I have configured the APN details when provisioning on the controller in the USB settings section (name, username and password) for the EE but the O2 sim has no APN details to work.

The #show datapath session | include "IP" does not show anything hitting the controller.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: RAP 109 usb 4g dongle issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 06:56 AM

What version of ArubaOS are you using?

• 3.  RE: RAP 109 usb 4g dongle issues

Posted Sep 20, 2016 06:58 AM

It is 6.4.3.6 on a 7210 controller. The RAP i have just updated to the latest 6.4 too.