04-19-2013 08:47 AM
I have a Aruba 3200 Controller with a few AP105 installed .
I have a RAP3WN for testing.
I tried to convert it, via instant wireless and it says "performing conversion" and stays there eternal..
I have 2 sites : A and B
Site A : has the Aruba Controller 3200 with ip 10.9.5.3.
Site B : another bulding , different network.
How could the RAP-3wn ( to be placed in Site B) contact the controller ? Needs to have Routing between the 2 networks correct?
Could you help?
Basically I need to know if I can configure the RAP to contact my ARUBA Controller in different sites.
04-19-2013 09:06 AM
Yes, it will need to have the correct routing in place to contact the controller.
I've not converted an Instant before, but from the website, make sure you meet the below conditions.
- ArubaOS 126.96.36.199
- Aruba Instant 3.0
If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.
ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
04-19-2013 09:36 AM
It depends on where the RAP is located :
- If it is at a remote location that doesn't have a connection back to where the 3200 controller is :
* Need public IP address ( you could NAT that IP or if you have a DMZ you could use one of the public IP addresses with a Layer 2 VLAN and you add this VLAN the controller and assigned the public IP address to the AP System-profile)
- If the remote location can reach the private network where the 3200 controller is located then you can just use the private you mentioned
Hope this helps
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
05-06-2013 02:16 AM
I tried to set up the RAP directly to the controller for tests , before I go to site B.
I not able to get the RAP up and working.
I have set up theprivate IP of the Aruba 3200 controller but the RAP can´t reach it .
Any guide for setup on aruba?
05-06-2013 03:19 AM
What version is the ArubaOS controller running?
Is the remote site and the private headend separated by the internet?
How are you provisioning the RAP3?
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
05-06-2013 03:42 AM
Aruba has 6.1 installed..
The sites have comunication with each other. I can use 10.9.5.3 as the IP of the controller to set up RAP
But for know I am only testing connecting direclty the RAP to the controller to see if the RAP gets the config from the controller.
05-06-2013 03:44 AM
For now I am just doing this...
Power up the RAP-3.
2. Connect to Instant SSID.
3. Login to the RAP-3 by navigating to http://instant.arubanetworks.com and login
to the Instant WebUI. The default username is admin and the default
password is admin. See the included Aruba Instant Quick Start Guide for
4. Navigate to the Maintenance tab in the top right.
5. Click on the Convert tab.
6. Select Remote APs managed by a Mobility Controller from the drop
7. Enter the IP address of the controller. This is provided by your network
8. Click Convert Now to complete the conversion (see Figure 6).
9. The RAP-3 will reboot and begin operating in RAP mode