Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP Throughtput Question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP Throughtput Question

Posted Dec 09, 2012 08:04 PM

Hello Everyone yet another quetion :) im full of questions i cannot find in the documentation :(

I have seem tables that you have posted before here

in which it tells that the RAP2 total throughput is 4mbs, rap 3 20mbs and rap 5 80mbs.

And well AP 93 in rap mode its 10mbs

Okay Knowing this

Why the throughput for exampe from a AP 93 get down from 300mbs to 10mbs??? where is the  other 290mbs? and okay let say thats the theorical througput lets get real let say its 150mbs throughput but still where is the other 140mbs?

This does not affect if the traffic is bridged as i just did the test.. with my rap 2  and at least im getting a throuput on my client of 15mbs

Anyone can explain this?

Well thats just bealiving the table Aruba guys gave... as i could try and test the real throughput putting the RAP on my LAN simulating internet.... with some L3 switch...

• 2.  RE: RAP Throughtput Question

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 28, 2012 02:53 AM

Have have you tried the througbout test on rapconsole.arubanetworks.com ? When an AP125 was provisioned as a RAP this was now available.