Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Radio and ARM Profile

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Radio and ARM Profile

Posted Jan 18, 2012 08:06 AM

I being told that the radio and ARM profile is best to leave at default setting. However, our vendor had help us to change some of the setting and now they leave and i have to take over the task to look after the controller. From the radio profile, the secondary channel is turn off and i do not understand what is the reason of it. And from the ARM profile the min Tx and max Tx also changed. i do not really understand what each of the setting in radio and arm mean and where is the best place to understand more about it?

Screen shot 2012-01-18 at 9.00.21 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-01-18 at 9.03.27 PM.png

• 2.  RE: Radio and ARM Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2012 08:09 AM

Please look at the attachment here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/70/1204/1/ARM+Doc+Supplement.pdf

Please note that the changes that were made to your equipment could be environment-specific and whatever approach the vendor used would not be covered in the overall explanation in the attachment.

• 3.  RE: Radio and ARM Profile

Posted Jan 19, 2012 08:43 PM
    Agreeing with Colin regarding environment specific... To answer our questions, disabling the second channel will prevent your radios from performing 802.11n channel bonding. The min and max tx-power sets the constraints for how the radios will dynamically change their power. I highly recommend having no more than 2 or 3 stops (sorry, photography term) in between your min and max. So, if you did an on site rf survey and determined that 12dBm was an appropriate transmit power, I would recommend a min of 9dBm and a max of 15dBm.