Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Random connectivity issues

Hello,

I need to investigate connectivity issue.

Wifi client connected to AP225 under Aruba7210-US sw. Version 6.3.1.9

Randomly, few times a week, the client loses connectivity to the network. It is not able to ping even default gateway. Ip address assigned, system shows that it is connected to WIFI., but ARP shows that ARP of default gateway is incomplete.

Then  after a couple of seconds connection restores automatically.

No issues for another wifi clients, nothing suspicious in logs.

Please, give me some commands to investigate the issue more deep.

Guru Elite

Re: Random connectivity issues

What kind of client is this?  Are you using authentication?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Client is Ubuntu.

Authentification - .1x using machine cert.

Guru Elite

Is the problem happening with other clients...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Only one client reported.

Guru Elite

Maybe you can enable client-side wifi debugging in Linux to see what is happening.

On the controller side, you can enable debugging on the controller like this:

config t

logging level debugging user-debug <mac address of client>

When the problem happens, you type "show log user-debug 100" to see what happened at the time.  The controller debug along with the client-side debug should give us a clue what is happening.

Colin Joseph

We also have a suite of troubleshooting docs and related commands based on issues.  See here:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=17541

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Occasional Contributor I

Hello,

Around a time when issues happened, I found following errors in logs:

|ids| AP: Block ACK DoS Attack: An AP detected a data frame which indicates a possible Block ACK DoS Attack. The frame from (mac address of the client) to (dest mac) (BSSID of my AP) on CHANNEL 100 with SNR 49) is outside the current sequence number window, and thus may be dropped.

The client is legitimate. How to avoid such error for the particular client?

Guru Elite

dzimin wrote:

Hello,

Around a time when issues happened, I found following errors in logs:

|ids| AP: Block ACK DoS Attack: An AP detected a data frame which indicates a possible Block ACK DoS Attack. The frame from (mac address of the client) to (dest mac) (BSSID of my AP) on CHANNEL 100 with SNR 49) is outside the current sequence number window, and thus may be dropped.

The client is legitimate. How to avoid such error for the particular client?

Those messages can be the result of false positives.

Linux drivers also can be less well maintained than Windows and other operating systems.  If you said that this problem occured with all of your clients, I would look to the system.  If it occurs with a single client, I would say to take another look at the client to see if there are any more up to date driver fixes.  Which client adapter is it?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Debug for client runs for a week, disconnection happens but nothing in the debug logs.

I noticed only gap in output. I.e disconnection happened at 12:14:40

Logs:

Nov 4 11:58:52 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.
Nov 4 11:59:56 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.
Nov 4 12:01:00 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.
Nov 4 12:02:04 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.
Nov 4 12:03:08 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.
Nov 4 12:18:03 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.
Nov 4 12:19:06 :522245: <DBUG> |authmgr| user_age() called for MAC xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx.

So DBUG user_age() messages appears each minute and then gap for 15 minutes

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: