Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Rap-5 showing up as Wired AP

Hello all -

We have 3 RAP-5's and what I didn't notice when I configured them and shipped them out is that they show up in the controller as Wired AP's. So I have a couple of questions:

1. is that normal? (I have Rap-5wn's wgs that don't...) so wondered if that w ment wireless...

2. do I need to create a wired profile for them and if so, what issues am I going to see - looks like I can pick the same profile that the wireless aps use - just not sure if there is anything else

3. any other "hidden" issues that we may encounter?

thank you

Lirria

Aruba Employee

Re: Rap-5 showing up as Wired AP

Lirra,

These are true RAP-5s, not RAP-5WNs? If so they do not have wireless access points built in, that's why they show up that way. You should be able to use the same wired profile as your RAP-5WNs. 

-awl

Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Frequent Contributor II

hmm - so does that mean it's not actually an AP, but a wired only piece of hardware?

My bad for not catching that when it was ordered.

Lirra

Aruba Employee

Yes, RAP-5 is wired only for places where you need a wired L2 extension but not wireless. The RAP-5WN is the wireless variant. 

-awl

Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Frequent Contributor II

*sigh*

Well crap - ok - thank you - that does explain it - I'll have to take a look at the offices and see if that is going to work or if we need to recall it back and get something different.

I hate it when I make that kind of a mistake.

Lirria

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: