Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Rapids Does not always propelry locate Rogues in VisualRF

[ Edited ]

I am having a problem where Rapids detects and classifies a device as a Rogue but sometimes does not locate the Rogue in VisualRF. Client Location does not seem to be a problem.

In my Rapids set up I have export threshold set to "Suspected Rogue" so I would expect that a device classified as a Rogue would be shown in VisualRF. Sometimes they are; sometimes they are not.

Guru Elite

Re: Rapids Does not always propery locate Rogues in VisualRF

Tpelley,

Does the rogue say how many access points can see it at the time you are trying to do location?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

cjoseph,

The Rogue device which prompted me to open this thread was visable to a total of 8 APs as well as being seen in a monitored switch Bridge Forwarding Table.

I first saw this particular rogue device yesterday and it was shown in VisualRF. I deleted the Rogue from RAPIDS to see if it would re-appear and it did a short time later. I then checked VisualRF and it was not displayed, so I left it until this morning. When I checked this morning, still not shown in VisualRF.

Restarting the VisualRF Service made no difference either.

Guru Elite

I would open a case with TAC to see if something is wrong.  If the rogue is seen by more than 3 access points currently and those access points are on a single floor, it should attempt to put it on visualRF if you have that layer enabled.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: