Wireless Access

Real-time Lync Analysis

Curious to know why real-time analysis for Lync traffic is not generating any stats.  We have the Lync ALGs configured and I get past call history being reported, but real-time analysis doesn't display anything.  I feel like I've talked to someone about this before and it has to do with the fact that we're using tunnel mode on our APs.  Can anyone confirm?

#show app lync client-status ip x.x.x.x

Real-Time Analysis results
--------------------------
Direction Jitter(msec) Packet Loss(%) Delay(usec) rvalue
--------- ------------ -------------- ----------- ------
Upstream 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000
Downstream 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.

Re: Real-time Lync Analysis

So I guess Lync isn't very popular around here??? :smileyhappy:

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.

I've seen you post questions about configuring Lync before but I am sure you have followed the following guides:
http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/SG_DeployMicrosoftLync.pdf

and

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/solutions/SG_MicrosoftLyncHeuristics.pdf.

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

Thanks Pasquale.

P.812 of the 6.3 User Guide states:

Real Time Call Quality Analysis for the voice calls is supported only in the following cases:

• when the signaling messages are not encrypted
  • when the RTP streams are not encrypted
  • when the voice client does not roam from one controller to another controller
  • when the forward mode of the virtual AP is in decrypt-tunnel or split-tunnel mode

I believe this is my problem since my APs are tunneled.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: