Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Recommended Stable OS

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Recommended Stable OS

Posted Jul 09, 2013 01:42 AM

Hi Guys,

What's the latest stable release OS for the Aruba's.

Deploying 3200s - redundant mobility controllers and a heap of access points.

Thanks,

Nick.

• 2.  RE: Recommended Stable OS
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 09, 2013 02:34 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Nick,

Yes, we have the latest Aruba OS code 6.2.1.2 available on the support site for download.

Please find attached release notes for 6.2.1.2 for the issues that is been fixed.

Thank you,

Sriram S

Technical Support Engineer

srirams@arubanetworks.com

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Recommended Stable OS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2013 11:31 AM

I would recommend upgrading to the latest available "General Release" of a supported Aruba OS for any given platform (Such as A3200).

There's no release which is an "Ideal" candidate or termed as "Stable" release, rather stability and best-match is highly dependent on two main factors.

1) What are features which we are planning to deploy?

2) What are the features listed within the "Known Issues" section of the release notes.

When we overlook this portion and stuble upon either the known or new anomaly, the image is thus termed unstable.

I suggest a reference to the below article,

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Memory-Upgrade-Required-for-3200-before-AOS6-upgrade/td-p/21156

The A3200 is going to require an XM memory upgrade to run 6.2. 

Recommended to review the release notes of the latest 6.1 ArubaOS (6.1.3.9) release notes, ensure that the features which are meant to be deployed are not listed within the 'Known issues' section and then roll out.

It is ok run an older 6.1 version as well, as long as there are no known limitations which are blocking the desired config meant for the deployment.

• 4.  RE: Recommended Stable OS

Posted Jan 20, 2020 03:49 PM

Hi Guys,

What's the latest stable release OS for the Aruba's Virtual Mobility Controller.

For Access Point models 275, 305 and 315.

I saw that there recent from 10-Jan-20. Do I install this new or previous one that "might be stable"?

• 5.  RE: Recommended Stable OS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 03:32 PM

This should be asked as a new post, since the original thread is many years old and has been answered relative to that time frame.

• 6.  RE: Recommended Stable OS

Posted Jan 21, 2020 03:35 PM

Ok. Thanks.