Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Reusing Channel to Control RX Sensitivity Tuning is incompatible with NonWiFi Interference(level3-5)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Reusing Channel to Control RX Sensitivity Tuning is incompatible with NonWiFi Interference(level3-5)

Posted Jun 03, 2016 09:17 PM

Hi,

I got confused on the relationship between Rx sensitivity and Non-WIfi immunity? please help me.

1) why "Reusing Channels to Control RX Sensitivity Tuning" is not compatible with Non-WIFI Interference(level 3-5) on Non-11n APs?

it just confuses me much. how to understand that?

2) what's the relationship between the above 2 features? when a weak signal/noise comes to receiver, which feature would work first?

Thanks,

Will

• 2.  RE: Reusing Channel to Control RX Sensitivity Tuning is incompatible with NonWiFi Interference(level3-5)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 10:08 PM

You must have read the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-channel-re-use-and-how-does-it-help-improve-WLAN/ta-p/177376

1.  It is not compatible, because they conflict.  "Channel Reuse" when static changes the receive sensitivity based on the power of the AP.  Dynamic changes the receive sensitivity based on channel load.  Interference Immunity does change the receive sensitivity but it is just a number that is not based on AP power or channel load; it is not compatible with channel reuse..

2.  I don't know what takes precedence when both options are enabled, but very, very few people use either options.