Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Rogue AP's will not plot on maps

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Rogue AP's will not plot on maps

Posted May 01, 2012 10:26 AM

I have a customer that has requested a WIDS solution and is running 6.1.2.3.  The network is up and operational with the AM's configured on each floor.

I have a small D-Link wireless router for the purpose of playing the bad guy to track with the AM's.  When I turn on my Rogue device I see it on the dashboard as a suspected rogue.  After I click on it then select Locate the pop up window shows up and gives me the two AM's that see my Rouge and the relative SnR.  However after a minute the reporting data goes away and I get a message stating "No devices found" in the pop up.

When I go to the Plan Maps to try and locate the device all I get are faint red circles that appear around the AM's that hear my Rogue.

What am I missing to get the indicators to show on the Map?

Thanks,

Stu

• 2.  RE: Rogue AP's will not plot on maps

Posted May 01, 2012 11:07 AM

After a little more poking around it seems that the AM's are having a hard time when I track it by the 5GHz radio.  When I track it by the 2.4 Ghz radio it behaves as it should.  The enviroment is office building with sheetrock construction with metal studs.  Could this tracking difficulty be because the 5 Ghz signal is getting knocked down so greatly by the enviroment?  Doesn't seem likely but...

Thanks,

Stu