Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Route Redistribution between AWR and OSPF do not work

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Route Redistribution between AWR and OSPF do not work

Posted Jun 27, 2016 08:50 PM

Dear All,

I have been tested like below topology, but can not make it works. 

Router Redistribution between AWR and OSPF.JPG

So, I need help from all of you.

First, I try to use OSPF Protocol for Air Mesh Link between AP-A and AP-B. It's not working.

Is it normal? I mean that we can not use OSPF protocol between WiFi Mesh link with MSR-2000 Series.

Second. I try to use AWR Protocol for Air Mesh Link between AP-A and AP-b. It's works.

And then SW-A and AP-A, SW-B and AP-B have OSPF Protocol for routing exchange. It's works.

For exchanging all network route, I try to redistribute routes between OSPF and AWR Protocol. it's not work.

I found that,

Redistribution from AWR to  OSPF is working, have command on "router ospf".

Redistribution from OSPF to AWR is not working, have no command on "router awr".

is it normal on MSR-2000 that have no functionality of redistribution from OSPF to AWR?

If it is normal, how can I routing above topology? tell me best practise for me.

Regards,

Moon-Kee Bahk.

• 2.  RE: Route Redistribution between AWR and OSPF do not work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2016 12:03 AM

I'm not a solid expert on OSPF within AirMesh, but why would you need to populate the AWR routes on to the wired network? The AWR is maintained only within the mesh network, and should be transperant to the wired traffic traversing it.

Is OSPF working between SW-A and SW-B?

EDIT: Also, do you have the latest user guide for MeshOS? It has a large section on OSPF config in case it would help.

• 3.  RE: Route Redistribution between AWR and OSPF do not work

Posted Jun 28, 2016 01:04 AM

Dear 

Attachment(s)

txt
    MSR-2000-B-160628.txt   2 KB 1 version
    txt
    MSR-2000-A-160628.txt   2 KB 1 version
    txt
    SW-A-160628.txt   3 KB 1 version
    txt
    SW-B-160628.txt   3 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Route Redistribution between AWR and OSPF do not work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2016 08:36 AM

To be honest, I am not sure as I never done OSPF with MSR. I read that to summarize routes out of MSR that they should be continuous and adjacent (such that each network be neighbors, the example is given in the user guide) so that might be it. You could open a TAC case to get a MeshOS TAC engineer to look at it.