Wireless Access

MVP

Short Guard Interval - 20MHz

I noticed that Short Guard interval for 20Mhz is only applicable to AP-13X/15X.  Is it really not applicable to AP-225?  If so, what is the reasoning?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: Short Guard Interval - 20MHz

thecompnerd,

Short guard interval is a standard that is supported by the AP225.  You should be able to see it in a packet capture of the beacon. 

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Yep, you're right.  Should've tried that first.  I was going by the GUI help.  When you hover over short guard interval in the GUI, it states only the 13X/15X are capable.  Just needs to be updated to include 22X.

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

thecompnerd,

Let me make sure I am looking where you are looking and what version of code you have:  I am running 6.4.x and this is what I see in the HT-SSID-Profile.  Are you running 6.3?  What version and build?

short-guard.png

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

shortguard.jpg

Guru Elite

Thank you.  We will take a look at that.

Colin Joseph

be aware that SGI maps back to the physical dimensions of you environment. if you are in a large spaces where reflections can come back at substantial power and time delay >350 ns then SGI should not be used. for reference radio waves propagate at about 1ft/ns. the system won't break but the radios will try packets that use SGI and they will fail causing un necessary re transmits

SGI should never be used outdoors and large spaces like gymnasiums that are using APs with standard internal antennas SGI should probably be turned off.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: