Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Site Survey with (R)AP-225

Hi,

I am trying to get an AP-225 going in RAP mode for site surveying. I'm following the cookbook, and actually had this method working on an AP-175 a couple of weeks back on 6.3 code. Thing is I have since upgraded to 6.4 and no longer have the AP-175. But an AP-225 with the same config does not work..

The 225  works fine as a RAP when it has a link to the controller, and will stay up if you power it from a battery and disconnect the uplink. But it will not advertise the SSID when booted from a wired connection to my laptop, it just keeps power cycling. This is unlike the AP-175 which worked fine in this arrangement.

What is the trick to getting this working? Is this a problem with the AP-225 or something different in 6.4 code?

regards,

Ben

--
ACMA ACMP
Guru Elite

Re: Site Survey with (R)AP-225

Did you give it a static ip address?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Yes, and set IPSEC retries to 0.

--
ACMA ACMP
Guru Elite

Did you try to provision any other access point model in that same ap-group, the same way?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Apart from the AP-175? No.

--
ACMA ACMP
Regular Contributor I

I've tried this again with latest firmware and the AP-225 still does not allow you to use it for SIte Survey in the same manner as older APs

AP-105 with idential RAP config plugged into POE battery - radios come up

AP-225 with idential RAP config plugged into POE battery - radios never come up

Can anyone from Aruba advise on this? 

--
ACMA ACMP
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: