Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

[ Edited ]

On the AP there are four LED

1 Power                  Solid Green

2 Ethernet              Solid Green

3 11/abg                 Solid Green

411/an                    Off

After Sometime 2to 3mins Solid green of 11/abg swaps to the 11/an. now 11/an solid green and 11/abg in off. process repeats after same time.

what is the problem ?

Kindly help me in this regard

MVP

Re: Solid green 11/abg swaps to Solid green 11/an. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

If this is a controller manage AP make sure that HT is enabled under the ssid profile
If it is an IAP make sure that in the rf settings > radio the support only legacy devices is not enabled
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Regular Contributor I

Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

[ Edited ]

It is a controller manageable AP's.

My question Is the LED's 11/A/N is swapping to 11/B/GN due to AM mode ? because some AP's are on AM mode.

Down AP's are administratively down.

1.jpg

MVP

Re: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

Hi,

Try to disable the DFS channels (and also the VHT configurtion)

Read here: (jgoff - Thank u)

if you have to use DFS/are in a DFS only location then I would recommend that you monitor the ARM history (or the logs) and there are APs having problems on say 56- then you can consider a couple of courses of action:

>> anything interesting about the location of the APs ? I have a customer that has an office located near a commerical waterway, all the APs along the window side of the building towards the waterway will trip radar on the 52-64 range of channels. Hence, i created a new reg domain profile for those edge APs and made them unable to use DFS.

>> if just one AP, consider forcing it to another channel as a workaround

>> if many/all APs, maybe have to remove the channel pair all together from the allowed 40Mhz chanells

If you really have a radar issue then you may also find that ARM sees that channel as more attractive due to fewer APs on it, so it does frequently put the AP back to the channel, so some sort of action should be taken per above

Read here more info:

http://www.airheads.eu/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Radar-detected-but-what-does-the-TypeID-mean/td-p/145221

Let me know if its helped u.

have a great weekend,

Me.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Regular Contributor I

Re: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

[ Edited ]

Unable to understand.... difficult   :smileysad:

Guru Elite

Are those access points similar to any of your other access points, or are they different?  If so, how are they different?  Are they in a different AP group, etc?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Those AP's are on the Air monitoring mode. Might be LED are swapping due to AP are in the AM mode.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: