Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Hello 

I have a 3600 Aruba controller with 3.3 AOS when I added more than 128 license it gives me 

The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit [128]

I reboot the controller and still read 128 license and not more 

thanks in advance 

Regards

Re: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

In AOS version 3.3 u cannot add more than 128.

You should consider to update to newer AOS , and then u will be able to install more LICS in order to support more RAP deployments.

Please read more info here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Aruba-licensing-change/td-p/19956

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

thanks for this info, could you please tell me what is the next version above 3.3 that I can use ?

I mean start from which version I can add more than 128 license

Regards

You'll need to first to move to 5.x and then to 6.x from there. 6.3.1.6 is the latest general availability but I don't believe you can directly upgrade there from 3.3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
ACDX #419 | ACMP |

I know there is a path for upgrade from 3.3 to 6.x , but I don't know it I read few releases notes from internet if possible someone provide us with the path to try 

Aruba support in my area not okay, there are too much delay that is why the community better 

Regards

Guru Elite

fouadae,

If you have 3.3.x, you need to first upgrade to the latest 3.4.x, and then the latest 5.0.4.x and then you can go to the latest 6.3.x:

"Upgrading From an Older version of ArubaOS

Before you begin, verify the version of ArubaOS currently running on your controller. If you are running one of the following versions of ArubaOS, you must download and upgrade to an interim version of ArubaOS before upgrading to ArubaOS 6.3.

•   For ArubaOS 3.x.versions earlier than ArubaOS 3.4.4.1, download the latest version of ArubaOS 3.4.5.x.

•   For ArubaOS RN-3.x or ArubaOS 5.0.x versions earlier than ArubaOS 5.0.3.1, download the latest version of ArubaOS 5.0.4.x.

•   For ArubaOS versions 6.0.0.0 or 6.0.0.1, download the latest version of ArubaOS 6.0.1.x. "

Unfortunately, in 6.3.x the platform limit for the 3600 is still 128 APs, whether it is campus APs or RAPs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

thanks a lot really i appreciate your help 

this is really upset limiting to 128 AP !! I have more than 128 AP and now I need to find a solution 

Regards

anyone confirm any version can accept more than 128 ?

Regards

Guru Elite

6.x code will support up to 512 access points.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

cjoseph wrote:

Unfortunately, in 6.3.x the platform limit for the 3600 is still 128 APs, whether it is campus APs or RAPs.

But in the 6.3 User Guide it says 512.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/License_Usage.htm

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: