Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Throughput problem with Aruba 7220

Hi all,

I need some help with Aruba 7220 controller and APs which connected to this controller. We have got an Aruba 7220 controller. We are using AP-105, AP-93 and IAP-225(With controller mode) in production environment. The majority of Access Points are AP-105. As you can see below screenshots we have a throughput problem. The throughput cuts out occasionally.  When the throughput dropped suddenly, the clients continue to the controller but the clients can't access to internet. 

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some relevant details for your info:

#show version

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.2.3.0 (build 43722)

Built: 2014-05-13 10:03:12

Built by: p4build@re_client_43722

Switch uptime is 14 days 10 hours 30 minutes 50 seconds

Reboot Cause: User reboot (Intent:cause:register 78:86:50:2)

Supervisor Card

Processor (XLP432 Rev B1 (Secure Boot) , 1000 MHz) with 7370M bytes of memory.

32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

7744M bytes of Supervisor Card system flash.

#show ap essid

ESSID Summary

-------------

ESSID     APs  Clients  VLAN(s)                                         Encryption

-----     ---  -------  -------                                                                                                             ----------

SDU_WiFi  166  189      xxxx                                             Open

eduroam   166  36         xxxx                                             WPA 8021X AES,WPA2 8021X AES

Num ESSID:2

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: Throughput problem with Aruba 7220

I would type "Show log system all" to see if anything is happening on the system side.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you for the reply.

I uploaded a piece of system log file. Could you tell me if there is something wrong in log file. 

Guru Elite

On second thought, do you have a screenshot from the "Performance" Tab?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Yes, i have ps from performance tab. But now, number of clients in 200s. 

Guru Elite

We probably needed that performance creenshot when you had issues.  The system log does not look like anything bad is going on from a system perspective.  I did see that you have access points that have over 40 users on them at a time.  Please PM me your email address and I will send you a link to send me your logs.tar with tech support so I can take a look.

Colin Joseph

Thank you for your answer cjoseph. I sent my adress. As you said, i should take performance screenshoot when problem occured. Is there anything else you want? Any log or printscreen?

Guru Elite

Let me take a look at your logs.tar first, and we can take it from there.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

Hi

What about spanning-tree on the upstream switches?

Looks like the system stops transferring data, might look like this if there is something wrong with the topology and spanning-tree re-calculates for whatever reason.

During the recalculation and learning, the upstream device will stop switching.

Roar

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: