Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Understanding "Ethernet interface 0 port configuration"

Hi, 

I am deploying some AP135's with 6000controller. 

I am trying to understand the purpose of the "Ethernet interface 0 port configuration" in the ap-grpup. 

The requirement is to deploy the APs on a tagged vlan(16), and the edge ports where the APs are being connected will be native to vlan-1. 

I have attached some screenshots for understanding. 

Re: Understanding "Ethernet interface 0 port configuration"

That configuration would be applied to the e0 port of ALL APs that have this profile in the AP-Group.  Note that in your example, you have the "default" profile.  Because this is used in ALL AP Groups, changing e0 could have disasterous results on the network.

I would recommend using the "save as" button and then saving everything to a non-default profile that would only be applied to this AP group

A bigger question remains on why you are required to do this?  With Aruba, we are a pure overlay on the LAN.  You shouldn't need to trunk VLANs to the APs if all user traffic is terminating at the 6000

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Regular Contributor I

Hi Seth, 

I just wanted to show as a example. This is lab setup. 

let me say i have a bridge ssid with vlan 20, in the VAP.  

The AP is connected to a port which is native to vlan 1 and trunk vlan 20. Should i config the e0 port, as "wired ap enable" and configure the port as trunk and native vlan1, and trunk vlan 20? 

Regards,

Guru Elite

YogenPartha,

Leave that profile alone.  As long as you have a VAP that is  configured with a forwarding mode of bridged with a VLAN that does not equal1 it will send the tagged traffic from that VAP to the enet0 port tagged with that VLAN, without you modifying anything.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Hi Colin, 

Thank you for help. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: