Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unhappy A200

Posted Feb 05, 2012 09:16 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I found an old 200 controller. Was planning to use it for testing. The support for it is well out of date. I tried to fire it up, but it constantly reboots, with the following key messages....

Copyright (c) 2002-2011, Aruba Networks, Inc. PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 00:15.0

AND

Syncing data..../mswitch/unzipui: Timed out waiting for AP images to be downloaded

* Error: Unable to restore WebUI directory *

done.

Full bootup messages attached to this post.

This makes me suspect something wrong with the flash. I tried some of the other board tips about bootrom commands to re-push an image to it (and blow away the config), but they didn't work. Looks like those tips were for 800 and 2400 series anyway, so maybe they don't apply!

Basically, unless I can get this little guy back on his feet, it's probably bin time!

Any thoughts?

Attachment(s)

docx
    CPBoot 1.docx   14 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Unhappy A200
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2012 12:22 PM

Any message that starts with "PCI:" is hardware failure related and requires an RMA.   There is nothing user serviceable in the 200, unfortunately.

• 3.  RE: Unhappy A200

Posted Feb 06, 2012 01:56 PM

**bleep**. Trash time for my old friend unfortunately!

Thanks for the conf.