Wireless Access

MVP

Upgraded from 6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10 - no issues!

I suppose there's nothing to report, but sometimes that's good and I figure a success story is rare.

Last week (Thursday) we upgraded 7 36xx and two 72xx controllers from AOS6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10

Aside from the firmware pull for all of the 600+ AP60/65, AP92/93 and AP104/105 going over the allotted 30 minutes, everything went smoothly.

Now almost 5 days later, there have been no complaints about any negative impact to wireless use - of course there haven't been and comments about improvements, but I've learned not to expect those.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Aruba

Re: Upgraded from 6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10 - no issues!

Agreed.  The only (non) issue I saw in going from 6.1.3.4 to 6.3.1.9 was the new 'rf arm-rf-domain-profile' parameter.

Normally I like to disconnect the locals from the master, and then upgrade everything.  Once all the locals are upgraded and APs are up, I join the locals to the master again.  In this case, they stayed down case the 'arm-rf-domain-profile' key had not been pushed down from the master.

Once the locals were joined to the master again, the APs all came back no problem.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: