Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading AP-225 from Controller

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Upgrading AP-225 from Controller

Posted Jun 01, 2016 01:41 AM

Hi there,

So - I have a 3200XM Controller, and an AP-225 AP.  A few months ago, I was trying to get them set up - and was able to get the image installed on both the controller, and the AP - 6.3.1.0.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any licenses, and when I got the licenses in, I realized that I didn't remember the ip address to access it.  

So - I restored the controller to factory defaults, and installed a new OS image - it currently has 6.4.3.6

However, I've been unable to connect the AP; it keeps rebooting, endlessly.  It has two partitions - one without a valid image, and one with 6.3.1.0

Should it be able to download the OS image from the controller, and I'm doing something wrong?  Or do I manually need to set up a tftp, or something similar, and run a command to upgrade the AP to an image matching that on the controller?

Is 6.4.3.6 a good image for this, or is there a more recent/stable image that would be better for me to use?

Thanks.

-Jason Smith

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Upgrading AP-225 from Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 05:48 AM

What you should do is connect a cable to the console port on the AP to see what is happening.  The AP could have a static ip address that does not allow it to connect to the controller..., OR maybe you're not providing it dhcp...  It would become clearer if you connect a console cable to the AP to see what could be wrong...