Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

User Idle Disconnects

I have a customer that is experiencing disconnects on some wireless printers they have in a warehouse.

User goes to print and is unable to. Printers web-gui does not respond and you can’t ping the printer either. User goes over to printer and power cycles it. Printer connects up, ping good, web-gui good and user is able to print without any issues.

I checked signal strength and that is fine. I changed the couple timers that I knew about to their max. But this did not correct the problem.

Configuration>Authentication>Advanced Tab

-User Idle Timeout 15300

-Logon User Lifetime (min) 255

This is a new install of AP-315's and 7030 controller running 6.5.0.3 firmware. They had been using these printers for a long time without any issues using a 650 controller with AP-105's.

It definitely appears to be user idle disconnect because I setup a continuous ping to one of the printers and ever since the issue has gone away on that one printer. No need to reset it. All the other printers continue to have to be reset.

Guru Elite

Re: User Idle Disconnects

You can try disabling suppress-arp on that VLAN.  Suppress ARP (on by default) can possibly make silent clients not receive ARP requests:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/interface_vlan_.htm?Highlight=suppress-arp

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor I

The enable suppress ARP setting did not make a difference. 

Took a look at the client list in the controller when this is happening and I see the printer on the list but definately does not work. 

If we reset the printer and run a continuous ping it stays alive. Again, they did not have this problem using the 650 controller with ap-105s so I don't think it's a printer problem.

Guru Elite

Can you make sure that the printer has an "allowall" role so that it is not blocking any traffic for it to stay alive?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Printer is getting allowall role. Nothing being blocked.

Any other suggestions or do you think I should call in and start a case?

Guru Elite

You should start a case. It has been two weeks...

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

Adding static arp entries into the controller fixed this problem.

arp (IP ADDRESS) (MAC-ADDRESS)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: