Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

User Roles - Authenticated

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  User Roles - Authenticated

Posted Oct 17, 2013 05:27 PM

Hi All;

I'm trying to define a user role "authenticated" in my AP group, but this option is not available in "User Roles" section. 

Could anyone help me?

Valter Junior

• 2.  RE: User Roles - Authenticated

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2013 05:38 PM

That is not where the user role would be defined.  What kind of wireless network are you running, Captive Portal, 802.1x?

The user role defined after successful authentication for 802.1x is in the AAA profile (under Configuration> Security> Authentication).  The user role defined after successful captive portal authentication is in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile (under Security> Authentication> L3 Authentication> Captive Portal Profile.).

• 3.  RE: User Roles - Authenticated
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2013 05:41 PM

That will be define under Access Control if you are configuring it from the GUI then under the AAA profile that you define you could set what role the user will be placed after it passes authentication

Make sure you have a PEF license so you can add policies under the user-role 

• 4.  RE: User Roles - Authenticated

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:49 PM

Hi Victor! Thanks for your answer.

You're correct. I had a problem with my license. Now it's working!

Kind Regards.

Valter Junior