Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller

Posted Mar 18, 2016 04:36 PM

Hello, I wanted to see if anyone has done this and can give the correct procedure. The controller will not let me connect via FTP or SFTP. I am using a MAC and have not tried WINSCP yet from a Windows laptop/VM. I use FileZilla quite a bit for this purpose with other products and would like to be able to do so with the Aruba controllers as well.

• 2.  RE: Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller

Posted Mar 18, 2016 06:08 PM

I do not believe the controllers accept interactive sessions for ftp or sftp - the file system isn't exposed in that way.

Are you trying to pull configuration backups? You'd need a scripted connection which can log in to the CLI and enable priviledged mode then copy the configuration to an FTP or SFTP server.

I use Airwave for that now, but prior to installing Airwave I used a scripting tool for PuTTY to do it.

• 3.  RE: Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 06:10 PM

The controllers will not accept a connection like what you are trying to initiate. The only way to move files from flash is from the CLI connecting to external SCP or (T)FTP servers.

• 4.  RE: Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller

Posted Mar 18, 2016 07:27 PM

Hi, Thanks for the verification. I suspected it was not exposed, but I thought I would ask just in case. I mainly would have used it to pull flashbackups, tar files and such as needed from customer controllers for TAC and troublehshooting. I will stick with the standard methods.