Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using an AirPort Time Capsule with Aruba

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Using an AirPort Time Capsule with Aruba

Posted Feb 17, 2015 09:39 AM

Hi,

We have a suite of Macs, used mainly for photography. They are joined to the domain, and connected via our Aruba wireless to the internal network.
    Because the majority of files the students work with are so large, for performance they tend to work locally, as supposed to saving them to network shares etc. This meant that their work was not being backed up - hence the purchase of a Time Capsule.

My question is, what would be the best way to integrate that? I tried setting the Airport Time Capsule to Extend Network but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Stephen

• 2.  RE: Using an AirPort Time Capsule with Aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2015 10:08 AM

Not too familiar with the time capsules but are those devices and the WLAN clients on the same VLAN?

• 3.  RE: Using an AirPort Time Capsule with Aruba

Posted Feb 18, 2015 04:58 AM

The Time Capsule is pretty much a glorified NAS box, essentially - with a router built in.

If I wire it in to the network, I can put it on the same VLAN. If I can get it to work as extending the existing wireless then it would also be on the same VLAN. But that option doesn't seem to be working yet; to be honest I don't know if it's actually possible.

Cheers,
    Stephen